This is not your typical networking event!
Participants will apply what they learn with other professionals on site, in real time. There are new people with new energy every time, and a great number of repeat attendees! It will challenge us (in a supportive and safe way) to get out of our comfort zone and do something different than the traditional meet and greet protocol.
What is TEN?
Tallahassee Entrepreneurs Network is a dynamic every-other-month entrepreneurship workshop. Its goals are to facilitate collaboration and relationship building, provide opportunities to hone networking skills, and to empower participants with practical business knowledge. TEN began in 2009 and was the brain child of local business owner and life coach, Elizabeth Barbour – The Inspired Entrepreneur, and MarketDone President – Deanna Mims. Part of their vision was to create an event, similar to Toastmasters, that would provide participants with a safe and supportive environment, that would allow them to have fun, and learn to see through new “networking eyes.”
Who is a good fit?
• Solopreneurs and entrepreneurs
• Small business owners
• Home-based business owners
• Intrapreneurs – an employee who applies entrepreneurial principles when performing their job
• Anyone new to Tallahassee who wants to be connected
• Sales professionals
• Business students
Who will benefit most?
• Those who want to grow their business and understand that relationships are key to success
• Those who are afraid of networking or otherwise reluctant
• Those who feel overwhelmed, nervous, or out-of-place at more traditional networking events
• Those who feel burned out, cynical or are a “reluctant schmoozers.”
TEN Reasons Why You’ll Enjoy It!
1. Build relationships to expand your circle of influence with motivated professionals.
2. Learn new tools to market yourself & your business.
3. Improve communication skills in your professional and personal life.
4. Find out about other networking opportunities.
5. Share business challenges and brainstorm solutions using new perspectives.
6. Celebrate your successes with others.
7. Connect and collaborate with other TEN members through the Facebook page.
8. Change your mindset about networking from awkward to impactful!
9. Learn from others’ experience.
10. It’s fun!
What do participants think of TEN?
Jo Shoupe, photographer – “I thought it was awesome!”
Tocoi Arthur, Socially Influence – “Lots of fun! Always great to meet new people!”
Karen Cooley, North Florida Financial – “I have long believed in the power of networking and building community relationships. These relationships often lead to better business and certainly contribute to a feeling of well-being and being more connected within Tallahassee. TEN explores how to make these relationships even more fulfilling and authentic. For folks that have been fearful of networking, TEN provides the tools to make this process easier and even fun. For those of us that consider ourselves to be strong in this area, Deanna shares perspectives that give networking a whole new meaning.”